Nomination Form 2013 - UK Group
How to make a nomination
Please fill in the form below (scroll down the page) and write a statement in support of the group you’re nominating (your nominee). It doesn’t have to be long; just enough to make sure we have enough information about your nominee to make a good decision.
First, make sure that your nominee is happy to be nominated and that they will be able to be named in media or participate in media events.
Further details of the award-giving event will be announced during 2013.
Returns no later than August 2, 2013
The awards are for work done to raise awareness, not for service delivery.
Given the damaging effect of prostitution on Emma Humphreys’ life and her own uncompromising opposition to the sex industry, we will not consider nominees who do not share this perspective.
All nominations are initially submitted to the EHMP organising group. The group uses the above criteria to decide on a shortlist, which they then submit to a panel of judges for final consideration. The judges’ names are on the web-site.
The judges may give consideration to the issue that your nominee is working on. They may prioritise an issue that they consider to be of current political importance or that has been particularly neglected.
UK Group or Organisation
The judges want to know about the following:
- How has the group or organisation raised awareness of violence against women and how has it tried to bring about change?
- How has the group or organisation overcome any obstacles in its way?
- How has the organisation or group shown originality or innovation in the way it does its work?
- How has the group shown that its work is successful?
- What particular strategies has the group or organisation used to make sure it is successful?
- Does the organisation currently get funding? If so, where from?
- How will the award help the group or organisation in the future?